Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Numero Uno

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. Since I love to talk and also love email it should be a perfect match! I hope to write one or two times a week. Hopefully this first post will look OK and not be too full of errors. I was able to add the photos but had a heck of a time moving them to the correct paragraph. Actually, I am not sure they are in the right place but I am sure this will become second nature before you know it.

Tony and I just returned from a trip to Florida last week. We visited with my brother and his wife on Anna Maria Island. It is so beautiful there and the weather was perfect! Their condo is totally unbelievable and we really enjoyed the visit. We also went to Disney World for two days and rode all of our favorite rides. My favorite is the Rockin' Roller Coaster, 0-60MPH in 3.8 seconds. Of course Aerosmith is blasting in your ears and it is totally dark. Tony's favorite is The Tower of Terror which drops you several stories then up, then down, then up, then down... You get the picture. The Mickey quilt here is one I made a few years ago using the technique Susan Shie taught me. It is a lot of fun and I love doing it.

While we were on Anna Maria we went by the house my mom and dad lived in during my latter teenage years, when Tony and I were married and also when the kids were very young. It is in Bradenton and always makes me a little sad ever since my dad passed away BUT the house also has wonderful memories that don't make me sad; lots of cookouts, mom reading to all of the grandsons, dad and I making green tomato pickles, etc. Anyway two streets over from mom and dad's house there was this home which always had a concrete block wall around it. The new residents have certainly given it a new look!

As you can see by the photos it is very cool. Each pillar has all sorts of wonderful tiles and well, it looks like just about anything they want attached to the pillars. Next visit I may go up and knock on the door. They also have a garden on the side that you would have to walk in to the yard to really get a good look at.



























6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sandy, I love that you are blogging now! The pics are fabulous. Enjoy the blogging world!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland! Yeah Sandy! You'll meet so many great people!

Deborah Boschert said...

What what a super cool house!

Jeanne said...

Sandy, welcome to blogland. Your first post looks just fine, picture and all.

swooze said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Now you have to find yourself a webring to join!

Pam said...

Hi Sandy - welcome to blogging - you are going to love this... PP