Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cute competition for machine quilters and fun classes

Our classes are really exciting this summer. We have quite a few new classes and also several that I am interested in taking too.
This Wednesday is our Project Linus day at the shop and we are hoping for a large group. Joan, who is in charge of our Project Linus has found a great spot for the quilts everyone so lovingly makes. I will keep you posted and let you know about the group as we learn more. There are so many quilts in her office that it is getting difficult to walk around. Great job everyone!

It looks like Krissy may have some competition with her machine quilting. Connie got her new machine set up, with ORANGE legs no less, and yesterday when I took Joshua up to the shop she let him quilt on it. he did super and just moved all over the quilt. He is only 4! As you can see from the photos he is fearless.

This Friday is our Freaky Friday class and we are going to make this cute little quilt. We don't have quite enough students so if we don't have enough we will just have to cancel it. That will be a shame because this is SO cute!
Friday night is our first Gifts Galore class and we are making the little cupcake pin cushion. It is really neat and the pattern is included in the class.Next Saturday, the 26 of July, is Carol Mc's class on the little fabric boxes. They look so fun. I am going to do my best to take this class. The boxes would make such cute gifts. Just imagine all the fun presents you can make for someone you care about. You can even use the fabric box you make to hold a gift. These are pretty wild but you could make the boxes soft and feminine too.
Last year some friends and I did a swap of rows for a quilt that we wanted to make. Each of us picked a theme and then the rest of us made a row for everyone. The themes were very neat and so different; ocean/beach, Oriental, new grandson, garden and Krissy's row was for photographs. Krissy's row used the vinyl in quilt blocks and when she puts it together it will make a great display for photos. Very unique idea! My row was the ocean/beach theme and the rows were so wonderful. I got a palm tree, turtles, dolphins, undersea scene, hibiscus, and more. They are so great. Joan made me this amazing landscape row and I mention it because i am going to take her landscape class next Sunday. I think I am going to make a small underwater landscape. I can't wait to get this quilt together. Would you all like to see my other rows?
Isn't this cool little tool neat? It has a suction cup that attaches to your smaller rulers and is a real finger saver! Many times when I am using a small ruler my fingers start to hurt from pushing down on the ruler. This little tool gives you a handle!
Our good friend Sharon is going to teach her mini pineapple quilt in September. It is SO cute! I am lucky enough to own one of hers which I bought at a mini auction at the Dallas show a few years ago. The whole quilt, including the borders is only about 10". She makes these a lot for gifts and for the auction. I want to take this class too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I can not believe the incident about the snake!!! YIKES!! Was it a venomous snake?? ICK!! Although all God's creatures have their purpose.